Katherine Mathieson trained at Ropes & Gray’s London office and qualified in September 2016, where she gained experience in the special situations, corporate and finance teams. In 2016, Katie spent six months on secondment at the Ropes & Gray Hong Kong office.
In the special situations department, Katie assists with corporate restructurings and acquisitions for a range of corporate and private equity clients.
- Advised Kaisa Group, a Hong Kong-listed real estate company operating in China, on the restructuring of its offshore liabilities
- Advised a global investment bank in its investment in senior, secured, rated and listed redeemable and non-convertible debentures issued by an Indian infrastructure developer
- Advised the Joint Official Liquidators of LDK Solar Co. Limited
- Acting for TPG Capital in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Poundworld
- Acting for a leading alternative investment manager in relation to subscription facilities provided by various UK banks to bridge investor commitments in relation to its mid-market and special situations funds
- Acting for DPK Investments on its acquisition of a portfolio of properties
- Acting for Angelo, Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group