Katlyn Miller joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the litigation and enforcement practice group. She advises clients in internal and government-initiated investigations and in complex civil litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Katlyn served as an Assistant Solicitor General in the Office of the West Virginia Attorney General. In this role, Katlyn represented the State of West Virginia in administrative, energy, regulatory, and criminal law matters before federal and state appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court. Katlyn argued two cases to favorable outcomes before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and won decisions on the briefs before the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, and West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
In addition to her experience in state government, Katlyn also brings to Ropes & Gray prior experience at all three levels of the federal judiciary: as a law clerk to the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the Honorable James C. Mahan of the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, and as a staff member at the U.S. Supreme Court, where she served prior to law school.
- Representing a private equity firm in several related complex commercial litigation cases involving its portfolio companies.
- Representing an electronic health record vendor in a Department of Justice investigation into criminal Anti-Kickback Statute allegations and False Claims Act liability.
- Representing a medical device company in a Department of Justice investigation into criminal Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act allegations and False Claims Act liability.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2014
- BA, American University, 2008