Keith MacLeod joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the corporate department and is a member of the firm's asset management group.
Prior to attending law school, Keith received an MBA from Harvard Business School. Keith also holds a Certificate in Accounting from Northeastern University.
During law school, Keith interned for the Justices of the Business Litigation Session of the Superior Court of Massachusetts and was a member of the Harvard Law School Shareholder Rights Clinic.
- Advises the DoubleLine Funds, including both their open- and closed-end funds and their board of trustees, with respect to a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters, including the creation of new products.
- Advises one of the nation’s oldest and largest hedge fund managers on securities law compliance and matters relating to the purchase, sale, and management of various investments.
- Assists sovereign wealth entities with investment matters, including the negotiation of investment advisory arrangements and the design and implementation of investment programs.
- Developed and delivered presentation for significant family office concerning navigating the proxy rules to communicate with issuers and other shareholders.
- Advises investment funds on securities law filings, activist campaigns, and general strategic matters relating to public company investments
- Negotiated RQFII custody and CIBM bond settlement agency agreements for investment in the PRC.
Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets
- Represented a consortium of hospitals in a sale transaction for a tri-gen power plant servicing the hospitals.
- Represented Eversource Energy in its joint venture with Orsted AS, the global leader in offshore wind power, to develop deepwater offshore wind farms off the coast of the New England states.
- Represented an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical, and consumer packaged goods manufacturer in its $3.3 billion acquisition of a hair-care company.
- Represented Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its merger of equals with Novelion Therapeutics.
- Represented Bain Capital in secondary public offerings of shares of portfolio company Genpact Limited.
- Represented Planet Fitness, Inc., one of the largest franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, and its private equity sponsor, TSG Consumer Partners, in secondary public offerings of shares.
- Represented the underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on offering of CRISPR Therapeutics AG.
- Co-author, “INSIGHT: So You’ve Got A Shareholder-Nominated Director … Now What? Practical Considerations for General Counsel,” Bloomberg BNA’s Corporate on Bloomberg Law (August 31, 2018)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2015; Dean’s Scholar Prizes in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Split-Ups ; Regulation of Financial Institutions ; Shareholder Rights Clinic/Seminar ; First Year Legal Research and Writing
- MBA, Second Year Honors, Harvard Business School, 2011
- AB (History), summa cum laude, Harvard College, 2007; Phi Beta Kappa; Junior Year History Prize; Detur Book Prize
- Undergraduate Certificate in Accounting, Northeastern University College of Professional Studies, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021-2022)