Keith MacLeod joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the corporate department and is a member of the firm's asset management group.
Prior to attending law school, Keith received an MBA from Harvard Business School. Keith also holds a Certificate in Accounting from Northeastern University.
During law school, Keith interned for the Justices of the Business Litigation Session of the Superior Court of Massachusetts and was a member of the Harvard Law School Shareholder Rights Clinic.
- Represents investment companies and their independent directors in connection with change-of-control transactions, proxy contests, shareholder demands, derivative actions, liquidating trusts and other extraordinary transactions.
- Advises sovereign investors on various investment matters, including co-investments, the negotiation of investment advisory arrangements and the design and implementation of investment programs.
- Represents multiple family offices, with billions of dollars in assets under management, on investment activities and U.S. and foreign securities law issues.
- Acts regularly as issuer counsel in respect of closed-end fund and interval fund initial public offerings, most recently as counsel to PIMCO Flexible Emerging Markets Income Fund.
- Advises investor clients on Exchange Act compliance, including Sections 13(d) and 13(g), 13(f), 13(h) and 16.
- Advises the DoubleLine Funds, including both their open- and closed-end funds and their board of trustees, with respect to a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters, including the creation of new products.
Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets
- Represented a consortium of hospitals in a sale transaction for a tri-gen power plant servicing the hospitals.
- Represented Eversource Energy in its joint venture with Orsted AS, the global leader in offshore wind power, to develop deepwater offshore wind farms off the coast of the New England states.
- Represented an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical, and consumer packaged goods manufacturer in its $3.3 billion acquisition of a hair-care company.
- Represented Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its merger of equals with Novelion Therapeutics.
- Represented Bain Capital in secondary public offerings of shares of portfolio company Genpact Limited.
- Represented Planet Fitness, Inc., one of the largest franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, and its private equity sponsor, TSG Consumer Partners, in secondary public offerings of shares.
- Represented the underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on offering of CRISPR Therapeutics AG.
- Co-author, “INSIGHT: So You’ve Got A Shareholder-Nominated Director … Now What? Practical Considerations for General Counsel,” Bloomberg BNA’s Corporate on Bloomberg Law (August 31, 2018)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2015; Dean’s Scholar Prizes in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Split-Ups; Regulation of Financial Institutions; Shareholder Rights Clinic/Seminar; First Year Legal Research and Writing
- MBA, Second Year Honors, Harvard Business School, 2011
- AB (History), summa cum laude, Harvard College, 2007; Phi Beta Kappa; Junior Year History Prize; Detur Book Prize
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021-2022)