Lillian R. Maguire
Lillian Maguire is an associate in the corporate department, practicing primarily in the health care and life sciences groups. She provides regulatory, transactional, and compliance advice to clients across the health care industry, including hospitals and health systems, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, management services organizations, and private equity firms.
Lillian also maintains an active pro bono practice focused on landlord/tenant law. She has represented clients successfully in housing court and in front of public agencies.
During law school, Lillian served as an articles editor for the Georgetown Journal of International Law. She also worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Richard J. Leon, senior judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Advised private equity firms on investment considerations for targets in the health care industry, including a revenue cycle management company, autism services providers, a physician staffing company, a medical device manufacturer, and multiple telehealth providers.
- Advised medical device manufacturer on fraud and abuse considerations in connection with proposed promotional practices.
- Advised management service organizations in connection with acquisitions of practices, contracting, governance, and formation issues.
- Advised medical device company in connection with its development and implementation of comprehensive compliance policies.
- Advised a client on compliance with state professional practice laws and drafting agreements for a mobile integrated health service line.
- Advised hospitals and hospital groups in bond issuances, both tax-exempt and taxable.