Matt Martindale joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 and is an associate in the private equity transactions group in London. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Matt trained in the London office of a leading international law firm before practicing as an associate in the London private equity group of a New York-headquartered international law firm.
Matt has a wide range of corporate law experience, including acting for private equity investors and their portfolio companies in relation to acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and restructurings.
- Advised WellSky Corporation – a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners – on the sale of WellSky International to System C Healthcare, a provider of information technology implementation software and services to the health sector – and portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners
- Advised Partners Group on its acquisition of a major equity stake in Rovensa, a leading Portuguese-headquartered provider of specialty crop nutrition, biocontrol and protection products, from Bridgepoint
Notable transactions in which Matthew has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acted for AEA Investors and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in relation to the sale of the Dematic Group for $3.25bn.
- Acted for 3i in relation to the purchase of a portfolio of assets, including Belfast City Airport and East Surrey Pipeline, from EISER Global Infrastructure Fund.
- Acted for CVC Capital Partners in relation to the sale of Wireless Logic to Montagu Private Equity.
- Acted for Francisco Partners in relation to the sale to Temasek of a portion of the BluJay Solutions Group, valued at approximately US$700m.
- Acted for Bomgar Corporation, a Francisco Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Avecto Ltd.
- Acted for Ascential plc in relation to its acquisition of Clavis Insight.
- Acted for Dyal Capital Partners in relation to its investment in a global real estate focussed asset manager.
- Acted for an American multinational investment bank and financial services company and its affiliated entities in relation to investments in a UK-based e-commerce technology business and a global provider of compensation management software.
- Acted for the management team of Mayborn in relation to 3i’s sale of the group, including the ‘Tommee Tippee’ brand.
- Acted for Combe Inc. in relation to its acquisition of certain brands from GSK.
- Acted pro bono for Emmaus, a UK-based homelessness charity, in relation to its acquisition of Furniture Mine, a UK furniture recycling business.
- Acted pro bono for Agenda, a UK-based charity campaigning for women and girls at risk, in relation to its spin-out from its ‘host’ charity, the Young Foundation.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- MBA, BPP Business School, 2013
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2012
- LLB, University of Nottingham, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2015