Megan A. McEntee
Megan McEntee is temporarily on a full-time client secondment.
Megan McEntee is an associate in the Litigation and Enforcement group. Since joining Ropes & Gray in 2014, Megan has focused her practice on government and internal investigations and related litigation, including representing clients in matters involving the False Claims Act, federal and state anti-kickback laws, Medicare regulations, and federal securities laws.
She maintains an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in immigration and family law matters.
- Represented medical device company in DOJ investigation concerning potential Anti-Kickback Statute violations.
- Represented health care providers in fraud investigations conducted by the NY Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit.
- Represented multiple pharmaceutical companies in DOJ investigations into patient assistance programs.
- Defended a home care provider in civil litigation stemming from a False Claims Act qui tam.
- Counsel to individual facing civil and criminal charges related to alleged spoofing in the financial markets.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of global financial services company into whistleblower allegations of procurement fraud.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of travel company into allegations of tax and accounting fraud in foreign subsidiary.
- Secured grant of asylum for Mauritanian refugee.
- Represented Honduran refugee in successful appeal to First Circuit to overturn Board of Immigration Appeals’ denial of asylum.
- Represented multiple clients in family court proceedings pertaining to adoption and divorce.
- Co-author, “Bribery and corruption reporting obligations: China,” Thomson Reuters (November 2020)
- Co-author, “FERC Enforcement's Increased Attention to Market Manipulation is Coming to a Head,”Bloomberg Law (October 2015)
- Co-author, "Bribery and Corruption Reporting Obligations: China," Practical Law Global (July 2015) (updated February 2019)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2014
- BA, summa cum laude, St. John's University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2016