Melicia N. Morris
Melicia N. Morris joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the corporate department. Melicia represents fund sponsors in the formation and offering of private equity funds and advises investment managers on regulatory compliance with securities laws. In addition, Melicia represents institutional investors in connection with their investments in private funds. During law school, Melicia served as an Article Editor for the Journal of Law and Public Policy and served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Gerald B. Lee in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Representation of fund sponsors in connection with the formation of private equity funds, governance, and regulatory compliance.
- Representation of private equity advisers in registering as investment advisers with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Representation of IQVIA in private offerings of $1.1 billion and €720 million of senior notes under Rule 144A and Regulation S and listing on Euronext Dublin.
- Representation of TESARO, Inc. in connection with its sale to GlaxoSmithKline plc for $5.1 billion.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 2016
- BA, cum laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2016