Molly Moore is counsel in the asset management group. Molly's practice focuses on advising hedge funds, investment advisers, mutual funds, endowments and foundations on derivatives and trading arrangements. She has advised clients regarding cleared and uncleared derivatives and trading, brokerage and custody arrangements. Recently, she has advised clients with respect to the derivatives provisions in Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act and related rulemakings. In addition, Molly has experience advising investment companies, their independent directors, and investment advisers on a variety of transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters.
Molly also has experience forming and providing ongoing advice regarding corporate governance matters to tax-exempt entities.
- Advises many “buy side” clients, including hedge funds, mutual funds, investment advisers, endowments and foundations with respect to laws and regulations governing derivatives trading, including the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Regularly advises many “buy side” clients, including a number of university endowments, on the negotiation of ISDA Master Agreements, master confirmation agreements, custody agreements, triparty agreements for collateral, Master Repurchase Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements, securities lending agreements, derivatives clearing agreements, prime brokerage agreements and other trading documentation.
- Represents the Sterling Capital Funds and their independent trustees on a wide range of matters under the Investment Company Act. Recent representative matters include the organization of new funds and advice regarding various regulatory and compliance issues.
- Quoted, “Swaps Losses Are Next Worry With Asset-Value Reports Coming Due,” Bloomberg Law (March 19, 2020)
- Quoted, “Newly Adopted Fed Rules: Limiting Buy-Side Remedies in Financial Institutions,” Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (September 25, 2017)
- Quoted, “Swaps margin relief raises questions,” International Financing Review (March 3, 2017)
- Quoted, “Investors are not out of the woods despite delay in OTC margin rule,” Pensions & Investments (February 20, 2017)
- Quoted, “How Fund Managers Can Mitigate Prime Broker Risk: Legal Considerations When Negotiating Prime Brokerage Agreements (Part Three of Three),” The Hedge Fund Law Report (December 15, 2016)
- Quoted, “How Fund Managers Can Mitigate Prime Broker Risk: Structural Considerations of Multi-Prime or Split Custodian-Broker Arrangements (Part Two of Three),” The Hedge Fund Law Report (Dec. 8, 2016)
- Quoted, “How Fund Managers Can Mitigate Prime Broker Risk: Preliminary Considerations When Selecting Firms and Brokerage Arrangements (Part One of Three),” The Hedge Fund Law Report (December 1, 2016)
- Quoted, “U.S., EU strike pact on derivatives clearinghouses,” Pensions & Investments (February 22, 2016)
- Co-author, “U.S. Banking Regulators Finalize Minimum Margin Requirements For Uncleared Swaps,” Thomson Reuters Derivatives Journal (November 2015)
- Co-author, “New ISDA Protocol Limits Buy-Side Remedies in Financial Institution Failure,”The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (December 14, 2014)
- Quoted, “Pact raises caution flag on swaps,” Pensions & Investments (October 27, 2014)
- Quoted, “Swap Margin Segregation Decision Awaits IAs,” Compliance Intelligence (April 17, 2014)
- Co-author, “Segregation of Initial Margin Posted in Connection with Uncleared Swaps,” The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (April 19, 2014)
- Co-author, “CFTC and SEC Adopt Long-Awaited Rules Excluding Most Hedge Funds from Swap Dealer Registration Requirements,” Hedge Fund Law Report (May 24, 2012)
- Speaker, Managed Funds Associated Legal and Compliance Conference, “Trading: SEF Proposals, Position Limits, Initial Margin Segregation, Share Trading Obligation” (April 2019)
- JD, summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2006; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, American University Law Review
- BA (History), Davidson College, 1999