Mleczko is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation department. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including antitrust and securities matters, and internal and government investigations. Monica also has particular experience counseling corporate clients from a wide variety of industries on pre-litigation matters.
Monica maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients at the trial and appellate level, including in housing and death penalty cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Monica served as a law clerk for the Honorable Allison D. Burroughs in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and interned for U.S. Attorneys’ Offices in the Eastern District of New York and the District of Massachusetts. She also volunteered as a student attorney with Harvard Defenders, representing clients in criminal show-cause hearings, and was a research assistant for Professor Howell Jackson. Prior to attending law school, Monica worked as an analyst for an international law firm focused on disputes and investigations in New York City.
- Representing private equity clients in state and federal derivative suits arising from investments in a publicly-traded medical device company.
- Representing hedge fund clients in complex commercial disputes and criminal matters.
- Represented several mutual fund investment advisers against claims of excessive fees under Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Represented board of mutual fund in connection with claims of excessive fees under Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Advising mutual fund investment advisers and boards regarding compliance with Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Part of teams advising health care, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical clients in multiple matters, including subpoena responses and analyses of regulatory implications of contemplated transactions.
- Analyzed transportation company’s litigation position in connection with provision of tax opinion.
- Represented life science technology company in defending antitrust counterclaims asserted by parties alleged to have misappropriated client’s intellectual property.
- Advised consumer technology company regarding compliance with potentially conflicting state and federal regulations.
- Represented local baseball team in successfully settling all claims related based on alleged breach of contract.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2016
- AB (History), magna cum laude, Harvard College, 2010