Pascal Mayer is an senior attorney in Ropes & Gray’s executive compensation & employee benefits group.
Pascal advises a wide variety of clients with respect to executive compensation and benefits issues arising in corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings. Pascal’s practice includes the structuring and design of equity compensation arrangements and advising clients on the associated tax and securities laws implications. He also has extensive experience representing both executives and financial sponsors in the negotiation of employment and separation arrangements, particularly in the context of material corporate transactions.
Pascal has represented clients in a wide range of industries, with particular emphasis in the entertainment industry. Over the course of his career, Pascal has advised both public and private companies.
Prior to law school, Pascal worked as an investment banking analyst for a multinational investment bank.
- Represented AIP in its acquisition of Elkay Wood Products Company, a leading manufacturer of kitchen and bath cabinetry.
Notable transactions in which Pascal has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented Time Warner Cable in its $78.7 billion merger with Charter Communications Inc. and its terminated $45.2 billion stock-for-stock merger with Comcast Corporation.
- Represented CSRA in its $9.7 billion sale to General Dynamics.
- Represented a Canadian multinational fast food holding company in connection with its $1.8 billion acquisition of an American fast food restaurant (via tender offer).
- Represented a leading media, sports and entertainment industry conglomerate in a number of acquisitions and investments.
- McGill University Faculty of Law, 2013; Dean's Honor List; Managing Editor, McGill Law Journal
- BCom, University of Alberta, 2007; Dean's List