Priya Merrill is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department, focusing on intellectual property transactions. Priya advises public and private companies and investors in strategic transactions where technology or IP assets are the key drivers. These transactions include mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing and transfer, development collaborations and joint ventures.
- Represented InFront Sports & Media AG in its purchase of Omnigon Communications LLC, a New York-based multinational provider of digital solutions to leaders in the sports, media and entertainment industries.
- Represented a financial technology company in licensing its investor onboarding platform, on a white-label basis, to a prominent financial institution.
- Represented a hedge fund in the acquisition of a proprietary trading technology and prepared and negotiated related ownership, cross-licensing and employment agreements.
- Represented a financial firm in a collaboration with a state pension fund for the development, joint ownership, testing and deployment of proprietary trading strategies.
- Represented Immunogen in connection with a strategic collaboration and option agreement to develop and commercialize antibody-drug conjugate products with Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with the divestiture of a manufacturing facility and related manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Represented a health information management company in connection with a perpetual license and development agreement for a data exchange platform.
- Represented a medical device company in connection with an arbitration settlement and manufacturing and distribution agreement.
- Represented a distressed footwear company in connection with an international retail license and distribution agreement.
- Represented Cressey & Company, TSG Consumer Partners, Kohlberg & Co, Berkshire Partners, TPG Capital, Bain Capital and other private equity firms with respect to intellectual property matters in connection with their investments in consumer product, technology, life sciences and industrial sectors.
- Represented various clients in connection with compliance with the GDPR, financial services cybersecurity regulations and other data privacy laws and regulations.
- Advised clients in connection with DMCA issues, including notice and take-down procedures.
- Speaker, “False Advertising in Social Media: FTC Guidance and Enforcement,” Bloomberg BNA Webinar (June 22, 2016)