Ryan L. Marcus
Ryan Marcus joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 and is an associate in the firm’s asset management group in New York. Ryan’s practice focuses on the representation of private fund advisers in connection with fund formations (including hedge funds, private equity funds, credit funds, funds-of-funds and single-investor structures), as well as various operational, regulatory and compliance matters. His experience also includes drafting fund agreements and offering documents, and negotiating various contractual arrangements (such as side letters with investors, placement agent agreements, and service provider agreements).
- Advises private equity fund managers on the formation of closed-end vehicles designed to allow high net worth clients to invest in the private equity funds and other investment products which they sponsor, including drafting and negotiating fund documents and various contractual arrangements with placement agents and administrators.
- Represents a large fund sponsor on the formation and launch of closed-end debt funds with multiple strategies and separate account structures.
- Advises start-up hedge fund sponsors on the structuring, launch and operation of domestic and offshore private funds.
- JD, cum laude, Duke University School of Law, 2015; executive editor, Law & Contemporary Problems
- BA (History), cum laude, Columbia University, 2012