Toby is an associate in Ropes & Gray's business restructuring group, based in London. He advises corporate borrowers, investment funds, private credit funds, and alternative capital funds on multi-jurisdictional restructurings, special situations opportunities, event-driven financings, and specialised lending matters across the capital structure and credit spectrum.
Toby trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the finance, litigation & enforcement, business restructuring, special situations, and private equity teams.
- Advised Output Services Group, Inc. and certain of its affiliates in connection with its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases.
- Advised Blackstone Mortgage Trust and Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies on the financing of its $6.4 billion acquisition of the Crown Resorts luxury hotel and casino portfolio in Australia.
- Advised Partners Group on its programmatic joint venture with Host Student Housing (Host) to build up a £1 billion UK purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) and co-living platform and on the joint venture’s first acquisition of a four-asset seed portfolio.
- Advised a company on multiple bespoke and multi-jurisdictional financings with specialist credit fund SCIO Capital for the purchase and renting out of studio sites.
- Advised a company on an innovative multi-jurisdictional $40 million venture financing deal involving the issuance of a non-payment insurance policy.
- Advised a financial sponsor in connection with a bespoke NOK 3 billion sustainability-linked financing for its investment in a European ferry company.
- Advised Sotheby’s on the refinancing of its $470 million Term Loan B.
- Advised Bridgepoint on the financing package of its acquisition of Achilles, a global leader and partner of choice for supply chain risk and performance management.
- Advised GHO Capital LLP on the unitranche financing package of its acquisition of Velocity Clinical Research.
- Advised GHO Capital Partners LLP on the unitranche financing package of its majority investment in ClearView Healthcare Partners.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2021
- GDL, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2020
- MSt (Religion), Merit, University of Oxford, 2019
- BA (Theology), First, Durham University, 2018
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2023