Victoria McGrath joined the corporate and private equity transactions department of Ropes & Gray’s London office in June 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Victoria was an associate in the corporate team of the London office of a large international law firm.
Victoria has a wide range of experience of assisting UK and international clients with M&A transactions and general corporate law advice. She has particular experience of acting for private equity investors, portfolio companies and management teams on investments, acquisitions, disposals and corporate restructurings.
In 2019 Victoria spent 10 months on secondment to Advent International, where she acted as European legal counsel advising on investments and disposals across Europe.
- Advising Nordic Capital on equity investment matters relating to eResearchTechnology, Inc. (ERT), a leading global data and technology company which minimises risk and uncertainty in clinical trials
- As European legal counsel for Advent International, advising on the takeover of Cobham plc, the acquisitions of thyssenkrupp Elevator Technology, Alvogen CEE, Industria Chimica Emiliana, Transaction Services Group and Vitaldent and the disposal of TES Vsetin
- Acting for TPG Capital, and its portfolio company Beaver-Visitec, in connection with the acquisitions of PhysIOL Group SA and Malosa Medical
- Acting for Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Bracket on the acquisition of CRF Health, a leading provider of eCOA solutions for the life sciences industry
- Acting for Epiris on its acquisition of Diamorph AB (publ), a supplier of advanced material solutions
- Acting Epiris on its acquisition of Bonhams, the global auction house
- Acting for Duke Street Capital on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world’s leading provider of escorted rail journeys
- Acting for Epiris on the acquisition of The Club Company, the UK’s leading country club operator
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital
- Acting for the management team of Rhubarb Food Design in connection with the sale of the company to Livingbridge
- Acting for Metalmark Capital on its acquisition of Premier Research
- Acting for the management team of GL Education in connection with the sale of the company to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners
- Acting for Freeman Spogli & Co. on its acquisition of Integrated Supply Network
- Acting for the management team on the sale and acquisition of Reed & Mackay, a premium corporate travel management business
- Acting for 3i Group plc on the acquisition of Audley Travel, a provider of tailor-made experiential holidays
Notable transactions in which Victoria has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for Electra Partners on its acquisition of the UK franchise of TGI Fridays
- Advising Sovereign Capital on its MBO of Nurse Plus
- Acting for Electra Partners on its acquisition of The Original Bowling Company
- Advising LGV Capital and management on the sale of Amber Taverns
- Acting for the shareholders of Solidsoft Limited on the disposal of the company to Reply SpA
- Representing TT electronics plc on the pre-pack acquisition of the UK and Chinese businesses of ACW Technology
- Advising various leading Warranty & Indemnity insurance providers on the provision of insurance in respect of M&A transactions
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Legal Practice Course, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2008
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Merit, Oxford Brookes University, England, 2007
- BA (Hons), 2:1, Brasenose College, University of Oxford, 2006