Will Michener is partner in the firm’s capital markets and governance and M&A practices. Will focuses his practice on representing companies in public offerings, private financings and business combinations. In addition, Will regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and governance issues.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in connection with its spin-off of Cyclerion Therapeutics, Inc., Cyclerion's $175 million private placement, and its $400 million convertible notes offering, as well as shareholder activism matters.
- Represented The Michaels Companies, Inc., a portfolio company of Bain Capital, in multiple 144A bond offerings totaling over $1 billion, its $472 million initial public offering, multiple secondary offerings worth an aggregate total of $2 billion, and its sale in a transaction valued at $5 billion.
- Represented Servpro Industries, LLC, a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group Inc., in its $510 million whole-business securitization and two add-on financings totaling over $500 million.
- Represented Osmotica Pharmaceuticals plc, a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners, in its $68 million initial public offering and private placement and three follow-on offerings raising over $100 million.
- Represented BrightSphere Investment Group Inc. in $1.1 billion self-tender offer.
- Represented the underwriters in the $833 million initial public offering and follow-on offerings valued at over $1 billion for Nuvei Corporation.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia as selling shareholder in secondary offerings of Clarivate Plc valued at over $250 million.
- Represented the underwriters in the $56 million initial public offering and multiple follow-on offerings totaling over $500 million for CRISPR Therapeutics AG.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. in two secondary offerings totaling over $1.4 billion, its $2.6 billion whole-business securitization and two subsequent refinancings of its whole-business securitization totaling $3.1 billion in fixed rate notes.
- Represented Public Service Company of New Hampshire, a subsidiary of Eversource Energy, in its approximately $635 million rate reduction bond offering.
- Represented the Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. in its approximately $480 million forward equity offering.
- Represented Best Doctors Holdings, Inc. in its $440 million sale to Teladoc, Inc.
- Represented the underwriters in offerings by Compass Diversified Holdings of common and preferred equity and 144A bonds raising over $400 million.
- Represented Sigilon Therapeutics, Inc. in its $145 million initial public offering.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc. in its $1 billion registered notes offerings and its $1.12 billion notes tender offer.
- Represented Party City Holdco Inc. in its $371 million initial public offering.
- Represented the underwriters in the $214 million initial public offering and the $145 million secondary offering by Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited.
- Represented Civitas Therapeutics, Inc. in its proposed initial public offering, which concluded with its $525 million sale to Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Represented Cabot Corporation in a $300 million registered notes offering.
- Represented Oxford Immunotec Global PLC in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Represented Monitor Company Group Limited Partnership in the successful 363 bankruptcy sale of its business to Deloitte.
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2011; Boston College Law Review, senior editor
- BA (Economics), summa cum laude, Boston College, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2011