Debkanya Naskar joined as a law clerk in the finance practice of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Debkanya worked with a leading Indian law firm in Mumbai for over four years, where she advised on a wide range of corporate transactions including restructuring of corporate holding structures, equity infusions and mergers and acquisitions. She has also briefly worked as a consultant with an Indian proxy advisory firm.
- Author, “Regulating Proxy Advisory Firms in India,” Journal on Governance (2021)
- Co-author, “How to put your money matters in order if dementia strikes,” The Economic Times (November 24, 2020)
- Co-author, ““From professional responsibility to the “Business of law”: Regulating the ethical implications of legal process outsourcing,” NUJS Law Review (2012)
- LLM, Dean’s Graduate Award 2020-2021, New York University School of Law, 2021
- BA LLB (Hons), Gold medalist – Labour Laws; and Political Sciences, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- India, 2016