Adam S. Natan
Adam Natan is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s mergers and acquisitions group. Adam’s practice focuses on representing public and private companies and investors in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactional matters, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, private equity investments, restructurings and other strategic transactions and governance matters. Adam also counsels some of the world’s leading investment banks on financial advisory matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Adam was an associate in the M&A and private equity group at another leading law firm in New York.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc., one of the leading franchisors of quick service restaurants, including Dunkin’ and Baskin-Robbins, in its $11.3 billion sale to Inspire Brands Inc.
- Represented Prevail Therapeutics in its acquisition by Eli Lilly and Company.
- Represented a special committee of the board of Akcea Therapeutics in connection with the sale of Akcea to Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Veeam Software Holding Limited, the leader in backup solutions that deliver cloud data management, in its $5 billion acquisition by Insight Partners.
- Represented TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. in its sale of a majority equity interest in AFS Technologies, a leading enterprise software solutions provider, to STG Partners.*
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. as financial advisor to SunTrust Banks in its $28.24 billion all-stock merger with BB&T Corporation.*
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. and Greenhill & Co. as financial advisors to Total System Services in its $21.5 billion all-stock merger with Global Payments.*
- Represented a leading private equity sponsor in its $790 million acquisition of a leading provider of Complex Rehab Technology (CRT).*
- Represented Permira in its acquisition of Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions (SPVSS) business.*
- Represented a state benefit plan administrator in its $59 million minority investment in a leading real estate asset management firm.*
- Represented Aleris International, Inc. in connection with certain debt refinancing transactions, including a new $1.1 billion senior secured first lien term loan and $400 million of senior secured junior priority notes.*
- Represented the small business investment arm of a leading private equity sponsor in connection with the borrowing transactions listed below.
- LBO financing consisting of (i) a $78 million upsize of the existing senior secured credit facility and (ii) $25 million of additional senior subordinated notes.*
- LBO financing consisting of (i) a $25 million first lien facility (comprised of $20 million in term loans and a $5 million revolver) and (ii) $13 million in second lien term loans.*
- Represented Goldman Sachs Lending Partners, as administrative agent, in connection with a €140 million term loan, a $378 million term loan, and a $45 million revolver to fund One Madison Corporation’s acquisition of Ranpak Corporation.*
- Represented a REIT subsidiary of a leading private equity firm in connection with a new $100 million unsecured term loan.*
- Represented Harsco Corporation in connection with a repricing of its $545 million term loan facility and a $100 million upsize of its revolving credit facility.*
- Represented a NYSE-listed distributor of pipe, valve and fitting products in connection with a 5-year interest rate swap on its LIBOR-based term loan.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2017; Ruth Whitehead Whaley Scholar
- BA (Political Science & Middle Eastern Studies), cum laude, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2014; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- Not admitted in Massachusetts
- New York, 2018