Anthony J. Norris
Anthony’s practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, preferred equity investments and securities offerings. Anthony represents a number of leading private equity sponsors such as Long Point Capital, and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe. In addition, Anthony has extensive experience working with various operating companies on general corporate and governance matters.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its $2.16 billion sale of US Oncology, Inc. to McKesson Corp.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its $2.0 billion sale of Ameripath, Inc. to Quest Diagnostics.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its $1.8 billion going private LBO of United Surgical Partners.
- Represented Long Point Capital in its acquisition of Clough, Harbour and Associates, a professional engineering firm.
- Represented Long Point Capital in its acquisition of Savage Arms, Inc., a manufacturer of firearms.
- Represented Silver Lake Partners in its $1.2 billion sale of Instinet, a provider of electronic trading solutions for investors.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1993
- BSEE, North Carolina State University, 1990
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 1994
- IFLR1000 (2019-2020)