Freddie New qualified as a solicitor in February 2009 and joined the private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office in January 2013.
Freddie has broad experience of private and public M&A, both domestic and international, and has acted for a range of corporate and private equity clients on acquisitions, disposals and restructurings. He has advised institutional and financial investors on a variety of transactions in sectors ranging from energy and infrastructure to the automotive and telecommunications industries.
- Acting for Forensic Risk Alliance and its founders in connection with a capital re-organisation of the business and the subsequent sale of a minority interest in the business to Dunedin LLP
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group in connection with its investment in TFI TAB Yatirimlari A.S., one of the world’s largest Burger King master franchisees
- Acting for Baillie Gifford in connection with its minority investments in each of CureVac, HelloFresh and Skyscanner
- Acting for TPG Capital in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Poundworld
- Acting for Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe on the disposal of the Aspen Healthcare Limited group to Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in relation to the restructuring and disposal of the Ainscough Crane Hire Limited group
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group, TPG Special Situations Partners, Strategic Value Partners, Anchorage Capital and Alchemy Partners on the restructuring and recapitalisation of the McCarthy & Stone Group
- Acting for Angelo,Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group
- Acting for Anchorage Capital in connection with the acquisition of New Century Care Group
Notable transactions in which Freddie has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the $3.54 billion sale of the StarBev brewing group to the Molson Coors Brewing Company
- Advising UGL Limited on their acquisition of the trading operations of DTZ plc, the UK listed property services company
- Acting as international deal counsel for Travelex Limited on their US$500 million acquisition of a 49 per cent. stake of Brazil's leading foreign exchange brokerage, Grupo Confidence
- Acting for Avis Europe plc on the £636 million takeover of the company by Avis Budget Group, Inc., and the associated Court-sanctioned scheme of arrangement
- Advising on the lender-led acquisition and restructuring of the €677million facilities of Panrico S.A., acting for ING Bank N.V.
- Acting for BAA Airports Limited, on the £1.51 billion disposal of Gatwick Airport Ltd to Global Infrastructure Partners L.P.
- Acting for CPPIB on their acquisition of Macquarie Communications Infrastructure Group