Lawrence Normoyle joined Ropes & Gray's finance department in 2021. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Lawrence was a solicitor in Australia at an international law firm, where he worked on a broad range of transactions including mergers & acquisitions, project finance, and financing transactions for private equity sponsors and major Australian banks.
During law school, Lawrence seconded to an international investment bank in Australia for 12 months supporting the corporate & institutional banking team. Prior to becoming a solicitor, Lawrence was an officer in the Royal Australian Air Force for 6 years.
- Represented ASX 200 companies in connection with the refinancing of their existing syndicated debt facilities.*
- Represented AMP Limited in connection with the sale of its life insurance business.*
- Represented a multinational mining company in connection with the financing of an acquisition of a thermal coal mine.*
- Represented a direct lender in connection with its recapitalization and acquisition of a poultry & egg production company.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of New South Wales, 2017
- BCom (Accounting & Finance), Curtin University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia