Lawrence Normoyle is an associate in Ropes & Gray's finance department, specializing in leveraged finance and funds finance. Lawrence's leveraged finance experience includes representing borrowers in syndicated and direct asset-based lending transactions and cash-flow financings in the United States and Australia. He routinely represents private equity sponsors on portfolio-level acquisitions and cross-border financings in the general industrial, information technology and professional services sectors. He also represents sponsors and other borrowers on fund-level financings, including bilateral and syndicated subscription facilities and NAV facilities and also works closely with the capital solutions practice, representing lenders on complex liability management transactions and restructurings.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Lawrence worked as a lawyer at a top-tier firm in Australia, where he advised financiers, sponsors and listed corporate borrowers in corporate bank and project financings across a range of sectors, including banking, renewable energy, resources and infrastructure.
Lawrence has a Juris Doctor degree with distinction from the University of New South Wales, as well as a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales, with majors in Accounting and Finance.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the debt financing for the acquisition of Nintex, a workflow automation company.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in connection with financing for its acquisition of Time Manufacturing.
- Represented Cove Hill Partners in connection with financing for its acquisition of Ungerboeck Systems International.
- Represented GHO Capital Partners in connection with financing for its acquisition of Sapio Sciences, an integrated lab informatics platform company.
- Represented Output Services Group, Inc. in connection with its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases. Output Services Group is a leading provider of integrated customer communications and engagement services.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in connection with financing for its acquisition of 3 Phase Elevator Corp.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in connection with financing for its acquisition of Attindas, a manufacturer of diapers and hygienic products.
- Represented ASX 200 companies in connection with the refinancing of their existing syndicated debt facilities.*
- Represented AMP Limited in connection with the sale of its life insurance business.*
- Represented a multinational mining company in connection with the financing of an acquisition of a thermal coal mine.*
- Represented a direct lender in connection with its recapitalization and acquisition of a poultry & egg production company.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of New South Wales, 2017
- BCom (Accounting & Finance), Curtin University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2023
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia