Nia K. Oates
Nia Oates is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity group in the New York office. Nia primarily focuses on representing private equity clients in a range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, minority investments, leveraged buyouts, strategic investments, preferred equity investments and general corporate and governance matters.
- Represented HIG Capital in its acquisition of Digital Room, a leading online printing solutions provider serving the short-run web to print market, and Digital Room in its acquisition of Logo Sportswear, a leading e-commerce-driven provider of customized promotional merchandise.
- Represented EYP in its sale of substantially all of the assets of The Weidt Group, a leading energy analysis and consulting firm, to Willdan.
- Represented HIG Capital in its acquisition of Vantage Specialty Chemicals Holdings, Inc., a leading provider of sustainable, naturally derived ingredients focused on personal care.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. and Stanadyne LLC in its acquisition of Pure Power Technologies, Inc., a manufacturer of OEM and aftermarket diesel fuel injectors, turbochargers and EGR valves for commercial and off-road vehicles.
- Represented Eblens, LLC, portfolio company of KarpReilly, LLC, and lifestyle retailer of urban-inspired footwear, apparel and accessories, in its acquisition by J.W. Childs Associates, L.P.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2016
- BA (Philosophy), summa cum laude, Howard University, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa