Emily J. Oldshue
Emily Oldshue is a partner in the strategic transactions group. Emily represents public and private companies, investment banks and private equity funds in mergers & acquisitions and capital markets transactions. Emily also advises clients on corporate governance, securities law compliance and reporting and commercial law matters. Emily represents clients across sectors, spanning life sciences, healthcare, energy and infrastructure, food and beverage, manufacturing and retail.
Emily’s pro bono practice includes leading the firm’s name change project, a collaboration with GLAD that matches attorneys with transgender clients seeking assistance with the legal name change and gender marker update process. Emily also represents clients through the firm’s medical-legal partnership, which matches patients of Dorchester House, Boston Medical Center and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeking help with legal matters with attorney volunteers.
- Represented public and private acquirors, sellers and targets in various domestic and cross-border strategic M&A transactions across sectors, including the following:
- Medtronic in its divestiture of investments in more than 70 portfolio companies and in its acquisition of Mazor Robotics
- Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of GenCell Biosystems
- Consortium of Boston hospitals in transactions involving the sale of a tri-gen power plant servicing Longwood Medical and Academic Area institutions
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its merger of equals with Novelion Therapeutics (Canada)
- National Amusements in an asset sale transaction
- Represented public and private acquirors, sellers and targets in various domestic and cross-border private equity transactions, including the following:
- TriArtisan Capital Advisors in its acquisition of a majority position in TGI Friday’s and the subsequent merger of TGI Friday’s into a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC)
- BlackRock in more than twenty co-investment transactions across industries, including investments in American Express Global Business Travel and Alibaba
- TPG Capital in its acquisition of J. Crew
- Symmetry Surgical in its sale to RoundTable Healthcare Partners
- Bain Capital Ventures in successive investments in Thorley Industries
- Counsel to underwriters in tens of initial public offerings and follow-on offerings, including offerings by Autolus Therapeutics (England and Wales), Fulcrum Therapeutics, Karyopharm Therapeutics and Ocular Therapeutix.
- Counsel to issuers in various initial public offerings and follow-on offerings, including offerings by Dunkin’ Brands, Wright Medical (the Netherlands), Norcraft Companies, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, pSivida, GC Aesthetics (Ireland)* and Aptalis Pharma*.
- Counsel to issuers, underwriters and initial purchasers in various registered and unregistered note offerings, including offerings by Domino’s, Tekni-Plex, Karyopharm Therapeutics, Ellucian, AGY Holding Corp., Aptalis Pharma and PennantPark Investment Corp.
- Ongoing representation of Pfizer, Domino’s and TGI Friday’s in corporate governance, securities law compliance and reporting and commercial law matters.
*proposed initial public offering abandoned prior to completion.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2010
- BA, Wellesley College, 2006; Phi Beta Kappa