Liam O’Sullivan joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate in the corporate department.
During law school, Liam worked at Microsoft in its Legal and Corporate Affairs group, and served as an extern in the Office of Legal Counsel at the World Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva, production editor on the Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review, and co-chair of the Michigan Energy Law Association.
Strategic Life Sciences Transactions
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in an exclusive license and collaboration agreement for an oral monomethyl fumarate prodrug in Phase 3 development for the treatment of relapsing forms of MS.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a phase 2b ready AMPA receptor potentiator for cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia. The purchase included an upfront payment of $75 million with up to $515 million in additional development and commercialization milestone payments, as well as tiered royalties in the low to mid-teen percentages.
- Advised Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited in a $230 million research, development and commercial collaboration and multi-program option and license agreement with Wave Life Sciences Ltd. focused on central nervous system (CNS) disorders, including Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as Lou Gehrig’s disease), and dementia. Depending on the success of licensed programs, Wave may be eligible to receive over $2 billion in cash milestone payments.
- Represented a university in connection with the sale of a pharmaceutical royalty stream.
Emerging Companies Representation
- Represented Arbor Biotechnologies, Inc. in its general corporate governance matters as ongoing outside counsel.
- Represented Prevail Therapeutics Inc. in its Series A financing, IP in-licensing, and general corporate governance matters as ongoing outside counsel.
- Represented Compass Therapeutics LLC in its Series A-5 financing and general corporate governance matters as ongoing outside counsel.
- Represented pHLIP, Inc. in various licensing and corporate transactions
- Represented Cowen in an early stage and growth equity investment.
- Represented Fortress in various equity and restructuring transactions in both privately-held and publicly-traded companies.
- Represented Pfizer in various early stage and growth equity investments.
- Represented institutional investment entities in various early stage and growth equity investments.