Nicole O’Donnell joined Ropes & Gray’s in 2019 and is an associate in the firm’s data, privacy & cybersecurity practice group. She additionally works with the firm’s litigation & enforcement practice group. Nicole advises and represents clients in data privacy matters, including data breach response, cybersecurity preparedness, and due diligence. She additionally has experience advising in government enforcement matters, including internal investigations, and consumer protection matters. She works with a diverse group of clients, including public corporations, hospital systems, pharmaceutical manufacturers and individuals.
During her time at Columbia Law School, Nicole served as production editor for the American Review of International Arbitration, the most cited international arbitration law journal in the world. Additionally, she was a member of Columbia’s Human Rights Law Clinic, where she worked on TrialWatch, a joint initiative between the Clooney Foundation for Justice and Columbia Law School aimed at standardizing trial monitoring, with a particular focus on those trials that pose a significant risk of human rights violations. Nicole also travelled to Jordan with the International Refugee Assistance Project, where she assisted refugees seeking resettlement.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole completed a judicial internship with the Honorable Barbara Milano Keenan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Represents major international technology company in connection with federal and multi-state antitrust investigations.
- Represents a health care system in data breach class action.
- Assisted independent compliance monitor in assessing the sufficiency of anti-bribery compliance controls of an aircraft manufacturer pursuant to a Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the DOJ and SEC.
- Represented global retail brand in settlement of FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection investigation.
- Co-author, “OECD Working Group on Bribery Assesses the Performance of Colombia and Costa Rica,” Anti-Corruption Report (June 10, 2020)
- Reconciling Full Protection and Security Guarantees in Bilateral Investment Treaties with Incidence of Terrorism, Note, 29 Am. Rev. Int’l Arb. 293 (2018).
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2019
- BA, cum laude, Villanova University, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2020