Sarah O’Brien joined the privacy & cybersecurity group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2018. Before joining the firm, Sarah trained and qualified at a leading UK law firm advising clients on a variety of commercial, IP and data protection related matters.
During her training, Sarah was seconded to a global motor manufacturer advising on a range of international data protection related matters. Prior to undertaking her training contract, Sarah spent four years working as an in-house legal advisor for an entertainment company and an international marketing & communications agency.
- Advising a hedge fund client on the impact of the fining regime under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Conducting IP, IT and data protection due diligence on a talent agency on behalf of an investor client.
Prior to joining the firm:
- Advising an international manufacturer on its intra-group sharing of employee personal data including coordinating advice from EU member states.
- Conducting a data protection audit for a sport’s governing body on its collection of members’ personal data.
- Drafting an IT software integration contract on behalf of a health care client.
- Giving advertising agencies and brands copy clearance advice in relation to proposed adverts in a variety of media.
- Assisting with drafting an agreement for various advertising services on behalf of an advertising agency.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2013
- Graduate Diploma in Law, The College of Law, 2010
- BSc (Sports Science with Management), Loughborough University, 2006