Steven C. Obiajulu
Steven’s practice focuses on M&A transactions and VC/growth equity investments involving software and other technology companies.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Tactical Value in its investment in OneTeam Partners.
- Represented Centerbridge Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in their joint acquisition of Medical Solutions, a provider of staffing services to healthcare facilities.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of Rensa Filtration, an operator of an investment holding company focused on commercial and industrial air filtration systems.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of Flow Control Solutions, a specialist supplier of pipeline equipment, valves, actuators, assemblies and controls.
- Represented Audax Private Equity and Emplifi in the sale of a stake in Emplifi, a leading provider of CX software, to Sixth Street Growth, a leading global investment firm.
- Represented The Rise Fund, TPG's global impact investing platform, in its lead investment in the $200M Series D financing of Human Interest, a software company that provides 401(k) management software.
- Represented The Rise Fund in its co-lead investment in the $101M Series B financing of Persefoni AI, a software company that provides climate accounting software.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its majority acquisition of Flashpoint, a leading provider of actionable threat intelligence and intelligence automation for commercial and government customers.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its investment in Team Cymru, Inc., a global leader in cyber threat intelligence.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its recapitalization of irth Solutions, a leading provider of 811 ticket management and field service management software.
- Represented GHO Capital in its sale of Caprion, a specialized laboratory service business serving pharma and biotech companies, providing specialized flow cytometry immune monitoring and quantitative mass spectrometry proteomics, to Arsenal Capital.
- Represented U.S. technology companies in developing international IP portfolios.
- Represented U.S. medical technology company in strategic portfolio development to protect a cutting edge cardiovascular technology and assisted in U.S. and European patent office disputes.
- Assisted a U.S. medical technology company in U.S. and European patent office disputes, and in strategic portfolio development to protect a cutting edge cardiovascular technology.
- Assisted a medical device company in relation to patent revocation proceedings before the UK High Court.
- Assisted a U.S. consumer electronic and drug delivery device manufacturer in challenging several competitor patents through inter partes review proceedings at the PTAB.
- Obiajulu, Steven C., Ellen T. Roche, Frank A. Pigula, and Conor J. Walsh. "Soft pneumatic artificial muscles with low threshold pressures for a cardiac compression device." In ASME 2013 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2013.
- Craig, Jeffrey W., Fang-Yuan Chang, Jeffrey H. Kim, Steven C. Obiajulu, and Sean F. Brady. "Expanding small-molecule functional metagenomics through parallel screening of broad-host-range cosmid environmental DNA libraries in diverse proteobacteria." Applied and environmental microbiology 76, no. 5 (2010): 1633-1641.
- Baelden, Camille, Tejas Inamdar, David McCalib, Steven Obiajulu, Mathieu Picard, and Michael M. Fuenfer. "Transparent warming cover for short term temperature regulation of medical patients." U.S. Patent Application 14/773,079, filed January 14, 2016.
- Roche, Ellen T., Steven Obiajulu, Conor J. Walsh, David J. Mooney, and Frank A. Pigula. "Biomimetic actuation device and system, and methods for controlling a biomimetic actuation device and system." U.S. Patent Application 15/027,246, filed December 1, 2016.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2018; Dean’s Scholar Prize in Structuring Private Equity Transactions; Dean’s Scholar Prize in Analytical Methods for Lawyers
- SB (Mechanical Engineering), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2013; Tau Beta Pi; Pi Tau Sigma
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2019
- New York, 2019
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2013