Carol Yuan Chi Pang
Carol Yuan Chi Pang joined Ropes & Gray's Litigation and Enforcement practice group in 2014 and is a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Before joining the firm, Carol was a capital markets associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm, where she focused on structured products and derivatives.
Carol is also a qualified lawyer in Taiwan (Republic of China).
- Represented major banks on their equity, interest rate and currency-linked registered structured note offerings, including exchange traded notes
- Conducted investigations relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) on behalf of several multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies with a focus on East Asia, particularly China
- Conducted anti-corruption, AML, and sanctions due diligence risk assessment and due diligence for several top private equity firms regarding proposed investments in Asia, including China and India
- Conducted an internal investigation on accounting fraud allegations concerning fictitious sales and improper revenue recognition with respect to a U.S. listed Chinese company
- Represented the former CAO/COO for the Chinese and Korean operations of a global retailer in connection with inquiries from the Department of Justice Fraud Section and the Securities and Exchange Commission