Michael S. Pilo
Michael Pilo is temporarily on a full-time Client Secondment.
Michael Pilo is counsel in the securities & public companies group in our New York office. He concentrates his practice on representing investment banks, public companies, private companies and private equity firms in financing transactions. He also advises clients on strategic investments, particularly special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) investments. He regularly advises public companies on securities law compliance, corporate governance and disclosure matters and similarly counsels private companies with respect to reporting obligations. In addition to his law firm experience, Michael has also worked as a consultant in the capital markets legal groups of Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley.
- Represented the following issuers in their initial public offerings:
- Surgery Partners, Inc. (and its sponsor H.I.G. Capital, LLC)
- LogicBio Therapeutics, Inc.
- Habit Restaurants, Inc. (and its sponsor KarpReilly)
- Represented the lead underwriters in proposed initial public offerings and follow-on offerings of:
- Moderna, Inc.
- Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.
- bluebird bio, Inc.
- Quanterix Corporation
- Dimension Therapeutics, Inc.
- Clementia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Proteostasis Therapeutics, Inc.
- Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Radius Health, Inc.
- Viamet Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Cerulean Pharma Inc.
- Connecture, Inc.
- Tyme Technologies, Inc.
- Represented the following issuers, along with selling stockholders and/or sponsors, in follow-on offerings:
- The Michaels Companies, Inc.
- Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc.
- The Habit Restaurants, Inc.
- Planet Fitness, Inc.
- Represented Surgery Partners, Inc., NFP Corp., Optimas OE Solutions (and its sponsor American Industrial Partners), Change Healthcare Holdings, Inc. and Covenant Surgical Partners, Inc., as well as the initial purchasers for Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc., in high yield bond offerings.
- SPAC experience:
- Represented various issuers, underwriters and strategic investors in SPAC IPOs
- Represented a number of publicly-listed SPACs or counter-parties in connection with acquisitions, mergers and other business combination transactions
- Co-author, “Court more likely to equate deal price with fair value following appropriate sales process,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (May 10, 2017)
- Co-author, “Court again rejects transaction price as best measure of fair value,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (May 10, 2017)
- Co-author, “Risks and Perils of Crowdfunding Your Biotech Start-up,” Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News (April 1, 2013)