Sophie is an associate in the asset management group in London.
Across a variety of jurisdictions, Sophie has advised investment fund managers on the establishment, structuring and operation of their private investment funds, pursuing a wide variety of strategies including credit, technology, fintech, infrastructure and impact. In addition, Sophie also has experience establishing co-investments and separately managed accounts.
Sophie has experience working with both sponsors on fund establishment and also major institutional investors in relation to their fund investments.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2022, Sophie was an associate in the asset management practice of another U.S. law firm.
Sophie's experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray includes advising:
- A UK-based private equity sponsor in the credit space, on the formation of a European private equity fund, related co-investment programs and separately managed accounts, targeting €5 billion
- A global asset manager with $50 billion assets under management, in regulatory matters relating to SFDR, changes to AIFMD, as well as assisting with marketing of their funds into Europe
- A UK-based sponsor on the formation of a sustainable impact fund targeting £200 million
- A sovereign wealth fund with their investment into a UK based technology and software fund and co-invest vehicle
- A UK-based venture capital sponsor, raising a single investor fund focused on fintech in Europe, Northern America and Latin America
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP University, 2018
- BA, University of Oxford, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2020