Alan G. Priest
Alan focused his practice in the areas of investment companies and bank regulatory matters. Alan served as counsel to large and small investment companies and/or their independent boards. These investment company relationships represent assets in excess of $85 billion over 125 individual funds, dozens of advisors and sub-advisors and involve virtually every fund type and structure. Alan has also been involved in all aspects of mutual fund practice, including proxies, consolidations, reorganizations, and sales commission financing transactions. In addition, Alan counseled clients on a wide range of bank regulatory matters relating to bank investment management and trust products.
- Advised independent Board of Nationwide Funds on manager of managers oversight of over 25 prominent third party advisory firms.
- Advised funds and boards with respect to SEC inspections, inquiries and enforcement actions.
- Advised funds and their boards on numerous fund acquisitions/consolidations, including a $58 billion integration of two mutual fund firms.
- Advised funds and their boards on money market fund matters, including manager interventions to prevent “breaking the buck” and current regulatory reforms.
- Advised Sterling Funds on 2011 rebranding and product line expansion.
- Advised Artisan Funds and directors on the fund advisor’ cross boarder expansion and 2011 “going public” transaction.