Alexander Pusey trained at Ropes & Gray’s London office and qualified in September 2015, having gained experience in the high yield, bank finance and corporate departments. In 2014, Alexander spent 6 months on secondment with Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office.
Alexander focuses on corporate and finance transactions with a particular emphasis on Rule 144A and Regulation S high yield debt offerings. Alexander has represented private equity sponsors, lenders, and corporate borrowers in a range of banking and leveraged finance transactions.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A., with a deal value of approximately €1.8 billion. The financing arrangements included the offering of €575 million senior secured PIK notes due 2024, the first ever high yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business
- Acting for Virgin Media Inc. on the issuance of receivables financing notes and related financing arrangements
- Acting for UPC Holding B.V. and its subsidiaries in connection with multiple high yield bond issuances including through special purpose vehicles, with the offering proceeds applied to fund term loans under credit facilities
- Acting for Telenet NV and its subsidiaries in connection with multiple high yield bond issuances by special purpose vehicles, with the offering proceeds applied to fund term loans under Telenet’s senior secured credit facilities
- Acting for Unitymedia group in connection with their high yield bond issuances and term loan refinancings
- Acting for Charlesbank Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited
- Acting for Altice Financing S.A. in connection with the offering of US$2.75 billion 7½% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 to refinance certain existing Senior Secured Notes and Term Loan Facilities
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordea on the financing for the acquisition of Banco Sabadell’s debt recovery unit by Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services
- Acting for Altice and Numericable Group in their jumbo US$21.9 billion cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition of French telecoms operator SFR
- Acting for Altice S.A. on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the bank and bond financing for its takeover offer to acquire Dutch listed cable company Ziggo N.V., with a deal value of approximately €10 billion
- Acting for VTR Finance B.V. and its Chilean operating subsidiaries in connection with the bank and bond financing with the approximate value of US$1.4 billion
- Acting for Bain Capital and its portfolio company MYOB on the recapitalization of the term and revolving credit facilities in connection with the US$1.25 billion acquisition of MYOB
- Acting for Barchester Healthcare in connection with the sale and lease- back of a property portfolio and repayment of £900 million of bank debt secured on the portfolio