Anna Pugh is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s antitrust team. Anna trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the antitrust, private equity and special situations departments and the finance department in the Hong Kong office.
Anna advises clients on EU and UK competition and regulatory law matters. Anna’s experience includes inquiries before the EU Commission and UK Competition and Markets Authority; advising on mergers and acquisitions; as well as advising on matters of EU public policy.
- Representation of Milacron Holdings Corp. in the antitrust aspects of its pending $2 billion cash and stock merger with Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Acting for Bain Capital on its US$18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK Hynix.
- Advising Medtronic on the CMA review of its preferred partnership with Animas Corporation.
- Acting for Google in relation to multi-jurisdictional competition law investigations.
- Acting for Forensic Risk Alliance and its founders in connection with a capital re-organisation of the business and the subsequent sale of a minority interest in the business to Dunedin LLP.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A., with a deal value of approximately €1.8 billion. The financing included the offering of €575 million senior secured PIK notes due 2024, the first ever high yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP University, 2016
- GDL, BPP University, 2015
- BA (Hons) (Classics), University of Cambridge, 2014