Anna Pugh is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s antitrust team. Anna trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the antitrust, private equity and special situations departments and the finance department in the Hong Kong office.
Anna advises clients on EU and UK competition and regulatory law matters. Anna’s experience includes inquiries before the EU Commission and UK Competition and Markets Authority; advising on mergers and acquisitions; as well as advising on matters of EU public policy.
- Advised Google before the Competition Commission of India in its acquisition of an interest in Reliance Jio Platforms valued at $4.5 billion
- Acting for Google in relation to multi-jurisdictional competition law investigations
- Representation for Veeam Software Holdings in the antitrust aspects of its $5 billion acquisition by Insight Partners
- Represented Vista Equity Partners in their investment, along with TA Associates, in Aptean
- Represented Genstar Capital Partners in their investment, along with TA Associates, in insightsoftware
- Represented Kennedy-Wilson Holdings in their joint venture investments with AXA Group.
- Representation of Baring Private Equity Asia in its $381 million acquisition of NIIT Technologies Limited (public to private)
- Representation of Milacron Holdings Corp. in the antitrust aspects of its pending $2 billion cash and stock merger with Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Acting for Bain Capital on its US$18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK Hynix
- Advising Medtronic on the CMA review of its preferred partnership with Animas Corporation
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP University, 2016
- GDL, BPP University, 2015
- BA (Hons) (Classics), University of Cambridge, 2014