Anthony Pascua, Jr.
Anthony is a member of the intellectual property transactions group and the data, privacy & cybersecurity group. He regularly advises clients on intellectual property, technology and data matters across industries, such as software, information technology, financial services, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences and medical devices, in the contexts of complex commercial transactions (e.g., mergers and acquisitions), crisis management and incident response (e.g., data breaches and ransomware), and statutory counseling (e.g., CCPA compliance).
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Anthony worked at Google on its Business Strategy and Operations Team.
- Advised Advent International in its $2.7 billion acquisition of NielsenIQ (formerly Nielsen Global Connect), a leading data provider in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Represented a SaaS company in a strategic collaboration with a major cloud-services platform company for the development of field-service management technology.
- Advised an international media consulting company on its response to a ransomware attack.
- Analyzed and revised a financial services company’s data governance framework in light of data subject access right requests, data processing agreements, and global data protection requirements.
- Counseled a large financial services company on a range of privacy and cybersecurity compliance issues.
- Represented a digital health technology company in its technology collaboration with a leading medical devices company involving a clinical study for treatments of depression.
- Advised life sciences companies in connection with various licensing, development, collaboration, manufacturing, and commercialization agreements with biotechnology and consumer product companies, as well as academic and research institutions.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2019
- MPP, Harvard University, 2019
- BA, Columbia University, 2010