Anthony Pascua, Jr.
Anthony is an associate at Ropes & Gray. Based in Washington, D.C., he is a member of the firm's intellectual property transactions practice group, data, privacy & cybersecurity practice group, and technology, media & telecommunications practice group.
Anthony regularly advises clients on intellectual property, technology and data matters across industries, including software, information technology, financial services, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences and medical devices, in the contexts of complex commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, crisis management and incident response, including data breaches and ransomware attacks, and compliance counseling, including with respect to the GDPR, CCPA, and TCPA.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Anthony worked at Google on its Business Strategy and Operations Team.
- Advised Advent International in its $2.7 billion acquisition of NielsenIQ (formerly Nielsen Global Connect), a leading data provider in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Represented a SaaS company in a strategic collaboration with a major cloud-services platform company for the development of field-service management technology.
- Advised an international media consulting company on its response to a ransomware attack.
- Analyzed and revised a financial services company’s data governance framework in light of data subject access right requests, data processing agreements, and global data protection requirements.
- Counseled a large financial services company on a range of privacy and cybersecurity compliance issues.
- Represented a digital health technology company in its technology collaboration with a leading medical devices company involving a clinical study for treatments of depression.
- Advised life sciences companies in connection with various licensing, development, collaboration, manufacturing, and commercialization agreements with biotechnology and consumer product companies, as well as academic and research institutions.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2019
- MPP, Harvard University, 2019
- BA, Columbia University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2019
- Not admitted in the District of Columbia. Supervised by Ropes & Gray LLP partners who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.