Arnav Prasad joined Ropes & Gray's finance group in 2017. Before Prior to joining the firm, Arnav was practicing as an attorney in Mumbai and New Delhi, India for over four years.
Arnav has worked on a broad range of transactions previously including public and private mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law as well as advising financial and strategic investors on their investments in India.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in obtaining financing for its acquisition and merger of IMA Consulting and Revint Solutions and the subsequent acquisition of Naveos.
- Advised KKR Credit Advisors in the refinancing of term loan debt of EACOM Timber Corporation, a Canadian timber company and Kelso portfolio company.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with First Quantum Minerals Ltd.'s $1.85 billion high yield senior notes issuance to, among other things, fund development projects in Panama.
- Advised Virgin Media Inc. on its issuance of receivables financing notes and related financing arrangements.
Notable transactions in which Arnav has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised Apax Partners in the India leg of its acquisition of Accenture’s insurance software business.
- Advised Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd in its acquisition of the consumer electronics business of Crompton Greaves Limited.
- Advised an Indian technology services company and its founders in the sale of their undertaking to an NYSE listed company.
- Advised a large media conglomerate in its acquisition of a radio broadcasting company.
- LLM, Columbia Law School, 2017; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- BA, LLB (Hons), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, India, 2012