Gary Prado is an associate in Ropes & Gray's corporate practice group. Gary is also an active supporter of many civic and charitable organizations dedicated to providing opportunities for underprivileged children in Boston.
As a student at Suffolk University Law School, Gary was recognized for his leadership and contribution to the law school’s community with the Massachusetts Black Judges Conference Book Award and the Suffolk University Law School Dean’s Public Citizenship Award. He was also a fellow in the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project, where he co-taught Constitutional Law at the Jeremiah E. Burke High School in Dorchester, MA. Following law school, Gary served as a law clerk at the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Supreme Court of Rhode Island.
Prior to practicing law, Gary worked for a financial services company, providing valuation services to institutional investors.
- Represented Bain Capital in its investment in Zelis Healthcare and RedCard Systems.
- Represented Toast, Inc. in its acquisition of StratEx, a leading provider of HR and payroll software for restaurants.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in U.S. Renal Care, a leading provider of dialysis services for patients suffering from end stage renal disease, from Leonard Green & Partners.
- Represented Eversource Energy in a joint venture with Orsted AS, the global leader in offshore wind power, to develop deepwater offshore wind farms off the coast of the New England states.
- Advise Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited in various venture and growth capital investments in the U.S. and overseas.
- JD, cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2016; Pro Bono Honors; Student Attorney, Immigration Law Clinic; Fellow, Marshall - Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project; Suffolk University Law School Dean’s Public Citizenship Award; Jurisprudence Award in Contracts; Member, Class Gift Campaign Committee; Note Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- MBA, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2012
- BS, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2010