Gideon Zvi Palte
Gideon Zvi Palte is an associate in the firm’s corporate department and works primarily in the health care group. Gideon advises health care providers, investors, and other health care organizations regarding a broad range of transactional and regulatory issues.
During law school, Gideon interned at the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the office responsible for coordinating the electronic exchange of health information and nationwide efforts to implement and use the most advanced health information technology. Prior to law school, Gideon worked as a project manager for a leading supplier of electronic health records.
- Advised health care providers and technology companies regarding federal information blocking requirements.
- Advised health care technology companies regarding Federal Health IT Certification Program requirements.
- Advised clients regarding the implications of changes to the health care regulatory landscape due to COVID-19.
- Assisted private equity firms and technology companies with health care transactions, including research and analysis related to fraud and abuse, data privacy and security, practitioner scope of practice, and corporate practice of medicine issues.
- Advised health care organizations regarding billing and documentation requirements for health care services.
- Assisted not-for-profit health care organizations with drafting corporate governance documents, designing training programs for personnel, and structuring arrangements for the delivery of health care services.
- Assisted health care provider with drafting value-based payment arrangements with payors that incorporate shared savings and shared risk for the provision of health care services to an identified patient population.
- Assisted health care insurer with Medicare Advantage joint venture with a health care provider.
- Assisted medical device company with updates to corporate policy on interacting with health care professionals consistent with the updated AdvaMed Code of Ethics On Interactions with U.S. Health Care Professionals, effective January 1, 2020.
- Assisted medical device company in drafting product purchase agreements with hospitals.
- Advised a health care organization regarding compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws.
- Assisted a health care provider in preparing and submitting a self-disclosure of overpayments to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Co-author, “Scrutiny Of Physician-Owned Distributors Is Far From Over,” Law360 (April 26, 2019)
- Co-author, “A First Look At New HHS Prescription Drug Safe Harbors,” Law360 (February 15, 2019)
- Speaker, “The New AdvaMed Code,” Ropes & Gray Webinar (February 14, 2019)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2018
- BA (Economics and Spanish), summa cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis, 2013; Phi Beta Kappa