Heesoo Park joined Ropes & Gray’s business restructuring group in 2022.
During law school, Heesoo served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Timothy A. Barnes for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Northern Illinois. Heesoo also served as the research editor for the UCC Reporter-Digest, and as an oralist for the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Team.
Heesoo also has experience working as a law clerk for a leading Korean law firm in Seoul and serving in the Republic of Korea Army.
- Assisted team representing Vesta Holdings, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries in their chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Vesta was an insurance brokerage service provider for individual and corporate clients across the United States, primarily concentrating on property and casualty insurance offerings. During its chapter 11 cases, Vesta effectuated an all asset sale of its business and confirmed its plan of liquidation, which was supported by 100% of secured lenders and general unsecured creditors who voted on the plan.
- Heesoo Park, “Chicago Bankruptcy Judge Rules Fulton Does Not Compel Dismissal of Automatic Stay Violation Claims,” American Bankruptcy Institute - Young and New Members Newsletter (March 24, 2022)
- Heesoo Park, “CARES Act Modifications to Bankruptcy Provisions Extended to March 27, 2022,” American Bankruptcy Institute - Young and New Members Newsletter (May 24, 2021)
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2022; Research Editor, Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest; Oralist, Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Team
- BA (International Studies), magna cum laude, Kyung Hee University, 2016