Janine Paré joined the litigation department as an associate in 2016. Janine's practice covers a wide range of civil litigation, including complex commercial disputes, antitrust counseling, SEC enforcement matters, deal-related litigation, and government and internal investigations. Janine works with a diverse group of clients, including private equity firms, investment management firms, public and private companies, and medical device manufacturers. Janine has experience in all stages of litigation, including preparing motions and briefs, and performing different aspects of discovery, such as document review, document production, and deposition and trial preparation.
Janine maintains an active pro bono practice, advising on appellate, immigration, housing, and family law issues. Janine also represents indigent defendants in federal appellate criminal proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, Janine served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Cordy of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. During law school, Janine was the Symposium Editor of the Northeastern University Law Journal and represented Northeastern at the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, where she co-wrote the winning brief at the Boston regional competition and was a finalist in oral arguments.
- Served as trial counsel for Fortune 500 company in expedited commercial litigation, obtaining favorable verdict for client.
- Represents a major medical device manufacturer in criminal investigation.
- Represents investment advisers in SEC enforcement actions.
- Advises investment advisers during SEC examinations.
- Co-author, “Justices Skeptical Of SEC Disgorgement Without Time Limits,” Law360 (April 20, 2017)
- Contributor, “The Need For A Limitations Period On SEC Disgorgement Claims,” Law360 (January 20, 2017)
- Co-author, “Fatal Re-Entry: Legal and Programmatic Opportunities to Curb Opioid Overdose Among the Newly-Released,” 7 NE. U. L.J. 150 (2015)
- JD, Northeastern University School of Law, 2015; symposium editor, Northeastern University Law Journal
- BA (History), Haverford College, 2006