Mike focuses his practice on representing private equity sponsors and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of investments and divestitures in a broad range of industries, including consumer products, retail, health care and technology. He also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
During law school, Mike participated in the Social Enterprise and Nonprofit Law Clinic and served as a law fellow in the legal research and writing department. Mike also served as an executive editor of the Georgetown Journal of International Law.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of World Wide Packaging, LLC, a leading provider of cosmetic packaging components, plastic tubes, and formulation/filling technologies.
- Represented Bain Capital in its partnership with Pfizer for the creation of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC, a new biopharmaceutical company focused on developing drug candidates to treat disorders of the central nervous system.
- Represented Bain Capital Double Impact, the impact investing business of Bain Capital, in its acquisition of HealthDrive, a specialty provider of on-site dentistry, optometry, podiatry, and audiology to residents in long-term care, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities, from Riverside Partners.
- Represented Gordon Brothers, a global advisory, restructuring and investment firm specializing in the industrial, consumer products and retail sectors, in an investment from Trident VII funds managed by Stone Point Capital LLC.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners and its partner company, Duckhorn Wine Company, in the acquisitions of Calera Wine Company and Kosta Browne.
- Represented Berkshire Partners and its portfolio company, Accela, in connection with the sale of the assets and operations of Accela’s Legislative Management business, previously known as IQM2.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the acquisition of Accela Inc., a provider of a cloud-based platform of solutions for communities from ABRY Partners.
- Represented Surgery Partners, Inc., a leading publicly-held healthcare services company, in its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, an owner and operator of surgical facilities in partnership with local physicians, from Irving Place Capital, and its related issuance of new preferred stock to Bain Capital.
- “Kicking a Habit of Impunity: A Call to Prosecute in the ICC Persons who Finance Terrorism through the Drug Trade,” Georgetown Journal of International Law (Fall 2015)