Milap advises lenders, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on leveraged finance transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, mezzanine and subordinated financings, high yield offerings, and debt restructurings. He has also represented companies in public and private securities offerings and general corporate advisory matters.
- Represented HBC, the holding company of Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5th, in a partnership with Insight Partners to establish Saks Fifth Avenue’s ecommerce business as a standalone entity to be known as Saks.com.
- Represented Tronox Holdings plc in a $1 billion bond offering of senior notes due 2029.
- Represented Sotheby’s Financial Services on a securitization of its loan portfolio.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in connection with its majority investment in Legends Hospitality Holding Company, LLC.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in connection with the bankrupt restructuring of Neiman Marcus Group.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in connection with the bankrupt restructuring of J.C. Penney Company
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in connection with providing US$175 million clinical trial financing to Clovis Oncology, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on acquiring, developing and commercializing innovative anti-cancer agents in the global markets.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in connection with anchor investment in US$250 million senior secured notes issuance by Flexential Intermediate Corporation.
- Represented Altamont Capital in connection with providing a US$50 million second lien financing to Axip Energy Services, a leading provider of oil and gas handling equipment and services.
- Represented Sixth Street Partners in connection with investment of up to $150 million in senior secured debt, convertible notes and warrants of Caris Life Sciences.
- Represented TPG Special Situations Partners/TPG Capital in connection with a $750 million second lien senior secured financing to Chobani, Inc.
- Represented KKR Credit Advisors in connection with a $160 million senior secured term loan for the acquisition of Vee Pak, LLC by Wind Point Investors III, L.P.
- Represented Hancock Capital Partners in connection with a $75 million issuance of senior subordinated notes of Phillips & Temro Industries.
- Represented a lender in connection with a $38 million second lien secured tranche of financing of leveraged buyout of home health care provider.
- Represented a lender in connection with a $50 million second lien term loan to a healthcare technology company that provides health and wellness engagement platforms to consumers.
- Represented AMP Capital in connection with a $100 million secured holdco financing of Astoria Project Partners.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in connection with the going-private transaction of China-based Pactera Technology International Ltd. The financing involved a $275 million U.S. high yield bond offering, a $30 million offshore revolving facility, a $45 million cash bridge facility and a $20 million equivalent PRC revolving facility.
- Represented The Blackstone Group in connection with $2.1 billion of financing for their acquisition of Emdeon, Inc.
- Represented Liberty Global in connection with a €2.66 billion high yield bond offering and a €80.0 million revolving credit facility for the acquisition of Unitymedia, Germany’s second-largest communication services provider.
- Co-author, “The Rise of Debt for Control,” Private Debt Investor (April 1, 2021)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2003; Editor, New York University Journal of International Law & Politics
- BS (Chemical Engineering and Economics), cum laude, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1999
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2004
- New York, 2004
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013)