Ollie is an associate in the asset management group in London. He advises fund managers and investors across a range of alternative asset classes, including private equity, private debt, infrastructure, venture capital, real estate and forestry.
In addition to acting for managers on the formation, restructuring and on-going operation of their funds, Ollie represents funds of funds and major institutional investors on their global investment programmes, with a particular focus on secondaries, co-investments and complex LP matters.
Ollie’s secondaries experience encompasses traditional portfolio sales, stapled secondary offerings, fund restructurings and other GP-led transactions and liquidity solutions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2023, Ollie worked as an associate in the London investment funds practice of one of the largest global law firms. He also has in-house experience.
Ollie’s experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray includes advising:
- Pantheon Ventures on numerous transactions, including:
- a series of debt secondary acquisitions and stapled secondary offerings
- the disposal of a large portfolio of private equity interests to a new continuation fund managed by Pantheon, with a single third-party investor
- various primary investments and co-investment transactions
- Several national development finance institutions on their cornerstone investments in various private equity, venture capital and timberland funds
- A number of leading sponsors, including Columbia Threadneedle, Infracapital Partners, Timberland Investment Resources and Ironwood Capital, on fund formation and restructuring transactions
- A UK institutional investor on the secondary sale of over 50 private equity fund interests to five different buyers
- Ares Management on the financing of the £1.1 billion take-private of TalkTalk by Toscafund and Penta Capital
- Investindustrial on the disposal of Goldcar and GP-led of Investindustrial IV
- Kodak Pension Plan on its disposal of a portfolio of over 40 fund interests
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP University, 2015
- GDL, BPP University, 2014
- MA (Modern European Languages), Joint Hons., University of Edinburgh, 2013
- Erasmus (French), University of Grenoble, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2018