Othon A. Prounis
PartnerOthon Prounis is a partner in the Corporate Department and is a member of Ropes & Gray's Policy Committee, which is the firm's managing body. From 2003 to 2008, Othon was co-head of the firm's Private Equity Transactions practice.
Othon concentrates in leveraged buyouts and mergers and acquisitions primarily for private equity funds and their portfolio companies. Representative clients include Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Silver Lake Partners, Metalmark Capital and the New York City Investment Fund. Othon also has extensive experience representing companies in the healthcare services and technology sectors.
- Co-author, “Mind your step! Avoiding the legal pitfalls of being an operating partner,” Operating Partner in Private Equity, Volume 2 (Private Equity International, June 2015)
- JD, Columbia University School of Law, 1986
- AB, Columbia College, Columbia University, 1983
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 1987
- Legal 500 (2013-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2006-2014, 2016-2021)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-2005, 2009-2021)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-2021)
- New York Super Lawyers (2007, 2010-2020)
- PLC Which Lawyer (2010-2011)