Seth A. Piken
Seth Piken is counsel in the firm’s tax and benefits department. Seth’s practice focuses on the taxation of hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds and fund of funds. He assists sponsors in forming, operating, and investing such funds, and also represents institutional investors (including endowments, fund of funds, private foundations, and international investors) in investing in private investment funds.
- Represents GMO, LLC on fund formation and operations tax issues.
- Represents a $9 billion asset management firm in connection with its investments in private equity and hedge funds, as well as fund formation and operational matters.
- Represented a China-based fund sponsor in connection with the formation of a $3.5 billion private equity fund.
- Represented ArcLight Capital in connection with the formation of a $4 billion energy fund.
- Represents a $1.2 trillion asset management firm on a variety of fund formation and operations tax issues.
- Represented Cressey & Company LP in connection with the formation of a $550 million private equity fund.
- Represents Makena Capital in connection with its hedge fund, private equity and real estate investments.
- Represented an international investor in connection with a $1 billion private equity investment.
- Represents a $10 billion asset management firm in connection with fund formation matters.
- Lucas Rachuba and Seth Piken, “Frisco Fund Sponsors, Keep An Eye On Gross Receipts Tax,” Law360 (December 7, 2012)
- JD, magna cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2007; Order of the Coif
- BA (Psychology), Boston College, 2002