Sonal Patel joined the private equity transaction group London office in September 2017. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray she was a senior associate in the corporate department of a leading UK law firm.
Sonal has a broad range of M&A transactional and corporate advisory experience, acting for private equity investors and private equity backed investee companies. Sonal has acted for institutional investors, management teams and investee companies on a variety of investments and disposals. She has significant experience advising private equity backed investee companies on corporate events between investment and exit (such as equity reorganisations, management incentive plans, refinancing and bolt-ons, group simplifications and allocations of equity).
- Acting for Reed Mackay, an international travel management company, on its acquisition of Hillgate Travel
- Acting for Ensono, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital, on its acquisition of the hosted data center services business from Wipro Limited, the IT consulting company in India.
- Represented Groupe Rocher in the acquisition of Arbonne International, a leader in direct selling of botanically based beauty, personal care and nutrition products.
- Acting for CDC Group, the UK’s development finance institution and the world’s oldest DFI, on its investment in M-Kopa, a leading provider of off-grid solar energy in East Africa.
Notable transactions in which Sonal has been involved with prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for the management team on the sale of Audley Travel to 3i Group plc.
- Acting for the management team on the sale of TES Global on the sale to TPG.
- Acting for Phoenix Equity Partners on the acquisition and subsequent sale of edif Group Limited to Rina Group.
- Acting for Exponent Private Equity on the sale of Trainline to KKR.
- Acting for Bridgepoint on the acquisition of Hobbycraft and on the sale of Pets at Home to KKR.
- Acting for ECI on the acquisition of Avantia Group.
- Acting for management of the sale of NSL to AAC Capital.
- Acting for ICG on the acquisition and sale of CPA Global to Cinven.
- Acting for PureGym and its selling shareholders on its sale to a new company, back by affiliates of CCMP Capital Advisors LLC.