Sonal Patel joined the private equity transaction group London office in September 2017. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray she was a senior associate in the corporate department of a leading UK law firm.
Sonal has a broad range of M&A transactional experience, in particular on private equity transactions, having acted for institutional investors, management teams and investee companies on a variety of investments and disposals. She has significant experience on advising on private equity backed investee companies on corporate events and the lifecycle of a transaction between investment and exit (such as equity reorganisation, management incentive plans, refinancing and bolt-ons and well as day to day matters such as group simplifications, allocations of equity and general compliance).
- Acting for Ensono, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital, on its acquisition of the hosted data center services business from Wipro Limited, the IT consulting company in India
Noticeable transactions in which Sonal has been involved with prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for the management team on the sale of TES Global on the sale to TPG
- Acting for Phoenix Equity Partners on the sale of edif Group Limited to Rina Group
- Acting for Bridgepoint on the acquisition of Hobbycraft and on the sale of Pets at Home to KKR
- Acting for ECI on the acquisition of Avantia Group
- Acting for management of the sale of NSL to AAC Capital
- Acting for ICG on the acquisition and sale of CPA Global to Cinven
- Acting for PureGym and its selling shareholders on its sale to a new company, back by affiliates of CCMP Capital Advisors LLC