Stephanie Dowd Porges
Stephanie Dowd Porges is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group. Stephanie’s practice covers a wide range of civil litigation, including complex commercial disputes and federal securities litigation, and internal investigations. Stephanie also represents companies in SEC inquiries. Stephanie has experience drafting motions and briefs, conducting document discovery, and preparing for trials, witness interviews and depositions.
Stephanie also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing an inmate in federal court and clients seeking Social Security disability insurance.
During law school, Stephanie interned for the Honorable Nitza I. Quiñones Alejandro in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents public companies and executives in securities class action lawsuits.
- Represented global asset manager in several dozen lawsuits brought by institutional investors seeking billions of dollars in recoveries related to several large hedge funds that underperformed significantly during the COVID-19 market downturn.
- Represents U.S.-based broker dealer of large Latin American investment bank in connection with ongoing FINRA enforcement action related to supervisory requirements and AML policies and procedures.
- Represented multiple fund advisers against claims of excessive fees under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (PIMCO, Metropolitan West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price).
- Represented private equity firm in dispute with executive concerning compensation.
- Regularly represents private equity and investment management clients in SEC investigations, including inquiries related to insider trading and fiduciary duty issues arising out of their receipt of fees and payment of certain expenses.
- Represents incarcerated transgender individual in proceedings against the Massachusetts Department of Corrections alleging violations of her constitutional rights in connection with her housing and medical care.
- JD, summa cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2018; Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- BA (Government and German), Hamilton College, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts