Tarun K. Patel
Tarun Patel is an associate in the private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray's London office.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tarun trained at one of the UK's leading “Magic Circle” law firms and also practiced for three years at another major international law firm based in the UK.
Tarun has a broad range of experience advising both private and public companies on various deal types including mergers and acquisitions, secondary buyouts, venture capital, initial public offerings and joint ventures.
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on:
- the acquisition of Riviera Travel, a leading specialist holiday operator of European escorted tours and cruises
- the acquisition of CARE Fertility, the UK’s leading fertility services provider
- the acquisition of BOA CoreDux, a leading European house and subsystem designer and manufacturer
- Acting for Avista Capital on the sale of Trimb Healthcare, a leading consumer health care company based in Stockholm, for SEK 3.4 billion
- Acting for Kohlberg & Company on the acquisition by its portfolio company US Risk Insurance Group, of MGB Insurance Brokers, a UK Lloyd’s broker specialising in arranging financial and professional insurance
- Acting for Duke Street Capital on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world’s leading provider of escorted rail journeys
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its US$5.3 billion consortium buyout of Visma, Europe's largest ever software buyout
- Acting for Pulsant on its acquisition of LayerV, a specialist public cloud solution integration company
Notable private equity transactions in which Tarun has been involved prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Acting for Inflexion Private Equity and management on the sale of Jack Wills, the British heritage inspired clothing brand
- Acting for PEAK6 Investments on its partial acquisition of Bournemouth F.C., a Premier League football club
- Acting for Piper Private Equity and management on the sale of The Rug Company, a leading global brand in contemporary designer rugs
- Acting for management on the sale of Talon Outdoor, the UK’s only independent out of home media specialist
- Acting for Auctus Industries and management on the secondary buyout of Shimtech Industries, a supplier of precision-engineered components for the aerospace sector
- Acting for management on the sale of The Cotswold Company, one of the UK’s largest online furniture retailers
- Acting for Endless LLP on the buyout of The Book People, a UK discount bookseller
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2011
- GDL, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2010
- BA (English Literature with Spanish), First Class with Honours, University of York, 2009