William joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department as part of the class of 2020. William represents clients in a variety of commercial, intellectual property and strategic transactions, including advising on complex deals involving consumer brands, technology, life sciences licensing and collaborations, supply and distribution agreements, and whole-business securitizations. William additionally assists emerging companies in startup, financing, and corporate governance matters.
During law school, William externed with the in-house legal team for Toast, a restaurant technology company, where he assisted with contract review, legal education, and product and partnership pipeline matters. Will also interned for the Honorable Manuel Real in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, participated in the Boston University Law Review, and was an active member of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, as well as the Latino American Law Student Association.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Tactical Value in its investment in OneTeam Partners, including advising on licensing and commercializing group publicity rights of professional and collegial athletes.
- Advised a global luxury apparel and accessories brand on sale of intellectual property assets related to winding down of a specific brand and business line.
- Represented The Wendy’s Company in its subsidiaries’ $1.4 billion offering under its whole-business securitization, including structuring advice as well as advice regarding The Wendy’s Company’s global registered trademark portfolio.
- Represented Pfizer Inc. in a $1.24 billion dollar ex-U.S. strategic collaboration agreement with Biohaven Pharmaceutical Company to commercialize rimegepant, a therapy approved in the U.S. as Nurtec ODT for the acute treatment of migraine attacks and the preventative treatment of episodic migraines.
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2020
- BA (Political Science and History), Washington University in St. Louis, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2021