Cory M. Reno
Cory Reno is an associate in the private equity group, representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leveraged buyouts, minority investments and restructurings. He also advises clients on general corporate matters, including governance, equity capital markets liquidity events and securities law compliance matters.
Prior to joining Ropes and Gray, Cory was an associate in the New York office of a global law firm where he advised investors, lenders, borrowers, issuers, underwriters and portfolio managers in bilateral and syndicated structured credit facilities, Rule 144A/Reg S collateralized loan obligation offerings, consent solicitations, combination note offerings and interest rate swap agreements along with corporate governance matters, securities law regulations, the Dodd-Frank Act, the Investment Company Act of 1940, U.S. federal income tax law, ERISA, UCC Article 9 and the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Prior to attending Vanderbilt University for law school, Cory was a summer analyst at a national, middle-market private equity firm in Grand Rapids, Michigan where he was responsible for identifying and modeling acquisition opportunities, drafting letters of intent and working with portfolio company management on integration and expansion plans for add-on acquisition targets.
- Represented Bain Capital, as the controlling member of a consortium including Apple Inc., SK hynix Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Seagate Technology plc and Kingston Technology Corporation, in the approximately U.S.$18 billion (2.3 trillion yen) acquisition of Toshiba Memory, a spin-off of the Toshiba Corporation’s memory chips business unit.
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation (“Elliott”) in various matters related to its position as the largest creditor of Energy Future Holdings Corp. (TXU), the parent entity of Oncor Electric Delivery Company (“Oncor”) (the largest electrical transmission and distribution utility in the state of Texas), including Elliott’s approximately U.S.$18.5 billion bid, as the controlling consortium member, for a majority interest in Oncor.
- Represented Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, in a consortium with TPG and Humana Inc., in the approximately U.S.$4.43 billion take-private acquisition of Kindred Healthcare, Inc., and the approximately U.S.$1.45 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- Represented Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe and its portfolio company, US Radiology Specialists Inc. (“USRS”), in USRS’s acquisition of Touchstone Medical Imaging, Inc., a leading provider of diagnostic imaging services in the United States.
- Represented Veronis Suhler Stevenson in its investment in GreenSlate LLC, a leading cloud-based accounting and payroll software platform for the entertainment industry.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. and its portfolio company, MarketCast LLC, in MarketCast’s acquisition of Turnkey Sports, LLC, a preeminent sports research and advisory firm.
- Represented JMI Equity in the sale of its portfolio company, EMS Software, LLC, an industry-leading workplace meeting, event and campus management software provider, to Accruent, Inc.
- Represented an American multinational investment bank and financial services company as an equity holder and lender, in the U.S.$1.7 billion sale of Centaur Holdings, the owner of the Hoosier Park Racing and Casino in Anderson, Indiana and the Indiana Grand Racing and Casino in Shelbyville, Indiana, to Caesars Entertainment.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, 2014
- BBA, Grand Valley State University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2015