Faiza N. Rahman
Known for steering clients through sophisticated, high-profile capital markets transactions, Faiza Rahman is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s capital markets group in New York. Faiza has a broad practice representing issuers and underwriters, including public and private corporate issuers, private equity sponsors and investments banks. She assists with IPOs and other equity offerings, high yield and other debt offerings, and restructuring and SPAC transactions. Faiza also advises clients on related corporate governance and securities matters.
Highly regarded by clients for her attention to detail, expansive market knowledge, and ability to skillfully manage complicated issues, Faiza is ranked in Chambers Global. She has also been named a “Rising Star” and “Leading Lawyer” by several guides, including The Legal 500, IFLR and Women in Business Law, among others.
Faiza is also very committed to pro bono and community service. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Faiza was a partner in the New York office of another global law firm.
Faiza’s experience includes representing:
- Avista Public Acquisition Corp. II in its $230 million IPO.*
- Arrival in its upsized $353 million follow-on offering and $275 million senior unsecured green notes offering.*
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $164 million initial public offering and over $500 million in secondary offerings of common shares.*
- General Growth Properties, Inc. in its historic $2.3 billion equity offering to fund its emergence from bankruptcy, one of the largest-ever equity offerings by a REIT and the only such offering effectively undertaken while the issuer was in chapter 11.*
- The underwriters in the Up-C structured IPO for Camping World Holdings.*
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $900 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance in part its acquisition of Felix Energy, LLC.*
- Black Knight, Inc. in a $1 billion private offering pursuant to Rule 144A of senior unsecured notes by its subsidiary Black Knight InfoServ, LLC to finance Black Knight’s acquisition of Optimal Blue Holdings, LLC.
- The lead underwriters in a $2.15 billion offering of senior unsecured notes by Keurig Dr Pepper Inc., to repay existing indebtedness.*
- Blue Bird Corporation in its $75 million private placement of equity securities and related registration statements.*
- Black Knight, Inc. in its $1.0 billion 144A-for-life senior notes offering into escrow to finance the company’s acquisition of Optimal Blue, LLC.*
- 24-Hour Fitness in all capital markets matters related to its Chapter 11 restructuring process.*
- Tidewater Inc. in a strategic tender offer and consent solicitation to modify terms of negotiated high yield senior secured notes.*
*Handled prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- “SEC Reporting and Disclosures 2021,” Corporate Counsel Women of Color’s 17th Annual Career Strategies Conference (September 2021)
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2005
- BS, BA, University of Florida, 2002
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2006
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2022)
- IFLR1000 Rising Star (2022)
- The Legal 500 US “Next Generation Partner” (2021)
- Women in Business Law, recognized as expert in Capital Markets
- New York Law Journal Rising Star (2017)
- Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards “Rising Star in Finance” Award
- Shortlisted for 2020 “Best in Capital Markets: Debt” Award Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards
- Law360 Rising Star (2016)
- New York Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015-2022)