Keren is counsel in the firm’s asset management group. Having spent a decade at a distinguished endowment manager and investment company, Keren Rimon has deep experience in institutional investor-side fund investment matters. Ms. Rimon has extensive knowledge of the legal processes across a wide range of alternative investment allocations, including hedge fund, absolute return and private equity portfolios.
Ms. Rimon has comprehensive practice in advising on complex investment structures, fund investment transactions, due diligence reviews of funds, and overseeing ongoing legal and regulatory matters pertaining to existing fund portfolios including implementation of legal, structural, tax and regulatory changes.
- Reviewing fund documents, offering memoranda, partnership agreements, investment management agreements and related legal documents; analyzing and evaluating funds’ structure, terms and potential legal and business risks; discussing investment terms and risks with portfolio managers and developing a suitable negotiation strategy; and, negotiating fund terms.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various investment-related and commercial documents and agreements such as term sheets, operating agreements, investment management agreements and non-disclosure agreements; managing and reviewing the drafting of comprehensive structural formation and organizational documents and, negotiating and finalizing such documents.
- Experience in a variety of corporate transactions includes venture-capital and other equity investments, acquisitions and sales, secured and unsecured debt and commercial transactions.
- Advised private and public companies on a broad range of issues including formation, capitalization, financing, regulatory and legal matters.
- Drafted numerous corporate and transactional agreements and related documents; managed the progression of business deals up to their successful closing.
- Featured, “GPs to Start End-of-Life Planning for Funds,” Bloomberg Brief Private Equity (March 1, 2018)
- Panelist, “Current Issues for Institutional Investors,” Managed Funds Association, Outside Counsel Forum (June 2015)
- Panelist, “Hedge Fund Terms: Alignment of Interests,” ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting (April 2015)
- MBA, MIT Sloan School of Management, 2004
- LLM, The University of Chicago Law School, 1998
- LLB, The Buchmann Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University, 1995
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2007
- New York, 1999